Friday, October 25, 2013

Best Day in Dentistry

To be honest, it’s been a tough week for me. I just cannot put my thoughts together. This week, we had our first snow of the fall here in Michigan and I think we could all use a pick-me-up. Let’s focus on the good: what was your best day in dentistry?

Mine was while on an outreach rotation about a month ago when an older gentleman presented with his wife. Sadly, he had just been diagnosed with metastasis to the floor of the mouth. He came to the clinic in search of dental clearance prior to beginning palliative radiation. His case was involved and challenging, in terms of both my knowledge and my surgical skills. But, by the end of the day, I knew I had made the proverbial difference in his life that we all enter this profession in search of.

Let’s hear your stories!

Dave Coviak

No comments:

Disclaimer

PLEASE NOTE: When commenting on this blog, you are affirming that any and all statements, and parts thereof, that you post on “The Daily Grind” (the blog) are your own.


The statements expressed on this blog to include the bloggers postings do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), nor do they imply endorsement by the AGD.